Written by Jessica on Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Almost exactly 2 months ago I set three goals for myself for the following three months. I'm 2/3 of the way there and I'm happy to report good progress. I'm finding a good balance and spending lots of quality time with the boys. The triplets are all smiling and they have found their voices, not the voices I spoke of here, but sweet cooing voices of discovery. They are so sweet and just make my heart melt. Another goal was to go green. I'm getting greener and greener everyday. Plastic water bottles, gone! Aluminum and tin cans and plastic, recycled! Containers and other things I would have thrown away before, saved and reused! I'm even working on my own herb garden now and next year will be planting my own organic vegetable garden. Go me!

The beginning of my herb garden. Planted in jello cups with holes for water drainage and Dole fruit cups to catch the water.

I use Tupperware to package Taylor's lunch, versus multiple Ziploc bags as I would have done previously. I'm telling you, this green thing is easy and it feels good. It feels like the smart responsible thing to do. Now, for the hard one, losing 30lbs. I'm happy to report I weighed today for the first time in a couple weeks and I am down 22lbs. I was pleasantly surprised with today's weigh in, I only need to lose 5 more lbs to get to the weight I was when I got pregnant with the triplets. After that I'd like to get in better shape and lose about 10 more lbs to get my pre-Taylor weight. But my goal was 30 (to stick with the '3' theme) so to reach that goal, I've got 8 more to go this month. Oh, it's SO close. But the last little bit is always so hard, so I had to get some extra support. I get to read about what other moms (and some dads) are doing to lose weight, and here their dieting confessions so I don't feel as guilty about my diet indiscretions. It's really just another source to help hold me accountable. ..To give me the extra reason to get up and exercise even if I've only having 4 hours of sleep.

Okay, so all in all, doing good with the SMART goals. = )

Other news, Brayden is semi mobile (Gulp!). He's rolled over a few times, but seems to be having trouble doing it more now. The first time he did it, he was actually in the swing and when I looked up he was flopping like a fish on his belly in the swing. ..scared me to death. He gets really irritated now when it doesn't happen immediately, so he ends up on his back screaming and kicking.

I make sure to strap the little booger in now!

Check out the sockless foot - it's the key to the flip!

Things are getting a little easier. We're getting out more and I'm becoming more independent with the boys. The comments and attention are the worse part about going out. I hate to say that publicly, I don't want to come across as mean. But when my 5, um almost 6, year old is getting so far ahead that I can barely see him and people still won't move out of the front of my stroller, there's a problem. I'm not the only one who feels this way. This mom summed it all up here, and here. Jen touched on it here. [How cute is that choo choo wagon?! (hint hint)] There are even t-shirts addressing some of the comments and questions. Don't get me wrong, I know people are interested and I don't mind them looking at my adorable little miracles. What I do mind, is the personal questions and somewhat the idiotic comments from complete strangers especially when they drag on 5-10 minutes. Let me tell you, when you have 4 kids, 5-10 minutes a few times each outing is precious in the schedule you're trying to keep.

Remember picture day? Today I got to see all the pictures that Mrs. Stacie took for us. They're all SO good! My favorites are those with all 4 of my boys. I can't believe Taylor is holding one of his little brothers, he's such a big boy! Here are some of the pictures:

Pictures courtesy of Mrs. Stacie at Time 2 Remember.

2 i *heart* comments!:

Meredith said...

I don't have to tell you...the pictures are beautiful. Look at those little hiney's. Taylor is so BIG! It will be hard, I'm sure, to choose which ones to get. They are all so good. All of your boys are growing so fast!

Jen said...

The pictures turned out great! I LOVE the one of all 4 of them together!

The Choo Choo is great! We have not taken it out in public yet, but we will! The comments DO NOT get any better. We should take all 7 of them out together sometime and see the comments we get! I want one of those shirts!

Congrats on your weightloss! I plan to start the C25K next week. Hoping to find a cheap MP3 player somewhere in town this weekend and I still need a phone. :-(

OK, I am going to go walk before mine wake up!