Written by Jessica on Saturday, August 09, 2008

It's official, I've lost my mind. I made the decision that I could go to the grocery store with the kids - alone. I'm an independent, self sustaining, mother of four. Not a slave to the house and kids, with only a planned, and short escape when relieved from child duty once every 7 days or so for a brief run through the grocery store. I guess those thought are what led me to make this unplanned escape - all FOUR kids in tow. But let me tell you, it was a piece of cake! I was sane enough, however, to choose my store carefully. I'm not ready for the Wal-Mart traffic yet; I'm not sure Taylor could navigate that mess. (see the photo) So I chose Publix. I LOVE Publix. My wallet HATES Publix. Publix is a special place that I only occasionally get to go for a few specialty items I can't find anywhere else. Or, in this case, it was for their delicious rotisserie chicken.

Here was my shopping list:

Chicken
Butter
Potatoes

I'm not going to list everything I got, but my grand total was $51.39.

The marketing people at Publix are GOOD is all I have to say. I will also say that everything I got was a pretty good deal. It was on sale and somewhat 'needed.'

I left the store feeling proud and good. I DID IT! I DID IT! I had to stop myself from screaming out those words in the Publix parking lot after I had all groceries and babies loaded. It sure felt good. It's taken me 14 weeks to build up the courage and confidence to go off by myself and I did it!

Let me also say that I could not have 'done it' without Taylor. The only way I could think to make it work was for him to push the Double Snap n Go, that I absolutely LOVE, and I would push the buggy with one hooked in there. It looked something like this:

Had 'spectators' not gathered around blocking us from moving, we would have had a quick and easy trip, but for the most part, as far as my crew goes, we did GREAT!

5 i *heart* comments!:

Jen said...

You are super mom! I have a RA Triplet Stroller and STILL have not taken them anywhere alone! Do you rent out Taylor for his services? :-)

We are going to Walmart today!

Jessica said...

= ) The triple stroller would only work if you had another person or you only had to get a couple things that would fit down in the bottom. Getting around with triplets is tricky and no easy task. Like I said, I couldn't have done it without Taylor.

Walmart...ugh! The thought makes my tummy hurt! I don't mind going by myself, but with all 4 kids in tow, you're looking at a 3 hour trip minimum because strangers are going to block you in isles and ask you questions about how babies are made and stuff. ..drives me CRAZY! Don't they know you have 3-4 babies out and that your on a schedule and probably running behind?! ...they're probably the same ones that stare at you when you're running to the check out with screaming babies. Sorry, didn't mean to go on a tangent!

Anonymous said...

I personally find it hilarious that this photo was taken on the beer isle... LOL!

Anonymous said...

um... aisle... I must have been there with you...

Jessica said...

I think it's hilarious that you caught that!!