Written by Jessica on Sunday, July 27, 2008
Categories: ,

Ok, I didn't like how that turned out. The layout of the smilebox recipe page that is...The recipe itself is de-lish!

The recipe, by the way, is a combination of recipes I've found as well as things I added in myself after each time I've cooked it. If I ever copy a recipe, the credits will be listed. I always 'play' with recipes, never follow them exactly, and I don't measure or time things. So, when giving recipes to friends I often guess the cook time and amounts of ingredients..Or I say things like, 'cook until it's done'- 'add liquid and stir until it looks "right."' I get that from my Mom.

Anyways, I'm trying my best. I've heard from lots of you that you'd like me to post recipes. So help me out by leaving comments to let me as well as others know what you think, or ideas that you have to make the recipe even better! Comments also let me know that you are still enjoying and finding the recipes useful.

Since the last post didn't post as I wanted it to and it's too small to view, here's the recipe again.

Chicken Broccoli Fettuccine Alfredo

1/2 a box fettuccine noodles
1 can cream of mushroom soup (98% fat free)
6 ounces shredded parmesan cheese
1/2 cup of milk (2%)
6 chicken strips, washed and cubed
Frozen broccoli florets (add to taste)
Minced garlic and pepper (add to taste)

Boil water for noodles, Sauté chicken cubes in a little extra virgin olive oil and minced garlic. About 5 minutes before noodles are done, add frozen broccoli to water, cook with noodles remainder of the time. Drain noodles; combine mushroom soup, milk, and parmesan cheese. Simmer 5-10 minutes until thick. Top with more cheese if you'd like.

Even if you don't like mushroom soup, you'll like this! The cheese combines to make it a creamy alfredo taste. However, a less healthy, but tasty alternative is a block of Philadelphia cream cheese in place of the mushroom soup. For an even richer sauce, you can exchange heavy cream for the milk.


ALSO - this post has a label. That means you can click the label and it will pull up all the post I've written and assigned that label. So, if you want to cook something from a recipe you read here, but it was a while back that I posted it, you can come here, find a 'Sundee Supper'label on any post, click it, and it will pull up all the previous posts that had that same label.

0 i *heart* comments!: