Written by Jessica on Thursday, January 06, 2011
Categories:

As the week starts drawing to an end, I start running out of things to cook.  I start making things from left overs and throwing meals together.  This week is no exception.  I was missing an ingredient or two from every meal I could think of to cook.  So, I decided to put a new spin on a meal and make something a little different and it was so good I'm sharing!

Chicken Mexi-Stuffed Bell Peppers

You need:
Bell Peppers
Fajita style chicken
Handful or two of frozen corn
2 cans Rotel
Black Beans, drained and rinsed
Cooked rice
Taco Seasoning
Cheese (as optional topping)
Salsa (as optional topping)

Cook your chicken and add taco seasoning.  

Cook your rice.

In a large bowl add cooked rice, slightly drained Rotel, rinsed black beans, corn, and chicken.  Mix it up and stuff it in prepared (tops cut off and cleaned) bell peppers.  

Pop in preheated oven at about 375 for 25-30 minutes.  Add cheese and return to the oven for 5 minutes or until melted. 
Top with Salsa or picante sauce.




About to go in the oven:
 Ready to top with salsa and eat!
 Now, for those of you with kids.  I like spicy food.  So, should you choose to make this with spicy rotel like I did, you can easily hold a little out for the kiddos.  I gave them plain rice, black beans, corn, and the seasoned chicken.  They LOVED it!!
Here's a link to a beefy Italiany version of the stuffed pepper.  You could also use beef with this Mexican version, it's good either way!

0 i *heart* comments!: