Written by Jessica on Wednesday, August 06, 2008

Today was Taylor's first day of kindergarten. He woke up bright and early this morning ready to go. I expected some resistance when the moment came for him to leave. ...a little "Mommy come with me" maybe; but, no. Nothing. Although I don't want my child to have separation anxiety or anything, I think somewhere deep down, I was hoping for just a little, just today. Perhaps I'm suffering from a tinge of separation anxiety. Why, I don't know. He's been in "school" his whole life. I'll just blame it on the mommy hormones. I'm sure I still have a healthy dose running through my system left over from the triplets. Still, sometimes I just look at him and think my baby is a big boy now. When did this happen? How did I miss it? He has his own thoughts and ideas; he knows so much, probably more than he should. He questions things, imagines things, and can draw his own conclusions about things. Some things I've never even thought of and know nothing about.

Today coming home from school we were of course talking about his day. As I try to ask questions about what he learned and what he thought about his friends and teacher, etc. The conversation started off something like this:

Me: "What did you think of your teacher?"

Taylor: "I know who Mrs. Culpepper is." (His teacher is Mrs. Walter's!)

Me: "You do? That's Madilyn's teacher, huh? What about Mrs. Walter's?"

Taylor: "Yep. She's prettier even than my girl."

Me: "Your girl?"

Taylor: "My teacher. She(Mrs. C) wore a pretty blue shirt today." Pause, he's really in deep thought now "My teacher is pretty too, but Mrs. C is prettier even than her."

SIDENOTE {Haley, Mrs. C may have replaced you... Taylor would rather spend the afternoon with Haley than go to Hollywood Connections and play putt-putt with Wade and I. When she came over to watch the boys with Jenny and Heather we practically had to punish him to make him go play putt-putt with us!}

Later, at the dinner table while eating a sloppy joe, Taylor looks at me as serious as a 5 year old can and asks, "What will happen if a camel eats a sloppy joe?" To which I quickly reply, "He may get a tummy ache." Taylor: "WHY?" Me: "He's not used to eating them, I doubt he's ever had a sloppy joe before." "Hmmm. We'll have to pay for that!" Taylor says. Puzzled, I look at him and ask, "What do you mean, pay?" "Well, I know he'll like them so much we'll have to keep buying them for him!"

That's right, I'll take that as a compliment. Wouldn't you?

Alright, I'm about to fall asleep at the keyboard here...

A few pics from today

This morning
After school, enjoying a milkshake for having a good first day...

2 i *heart* comments!:

Jen said...

Love the pictures! They turned out great. I could show you how to cloth diaper and make it work!

I have A LOT of weight to lose, but just trying to get back to Pre-PG weight. Great job that you only have 8lbs Pre-Triplet-PG weight! The Pre-Tyler-PG weight will come soon enough!

Jessica said...

I still haven't seen the professional pics, these are some I took afterwards.

2 months ago I set a goal to lose 30lbs in 3 months, I have 1 month and 10 lbs left to reach that goal. Then I'll work on the extra 8 to get back to pre-Taylor size. = )