Written by Jessica on Monday, September 15, 2008
Categories: ,

Has another Sunday come on gone already??

My mom cooked this when I was little, I have no idea where the idea came from... Mom? As a kid I loved this meal; now as a busy mom myself, I love that it's 3 ingredients, 1 pan and done! ...and it tastes good!

Cabbage, Sausage, and Potatoes
1 Head of Cabbage chopped up
1 package Polska Kielbasa sausage sliced
2 1/2 pounds small red potatoes (or any kind) quartered or diced if larger potatoes

Start frying your sausage first, after you stir it the first time add your potatoes. Chop cabbage and add it and cover. Stir occasionally to keep everything from sticking. Cook about 20 minutes or until everything is done. (The potatoes are soft and the cabbage is soft)

Wade eats this with soy sauce and mustard. Taylor and I eat it as is.
This can serve as the entire meal or you can add some great northern beans (really good with this) and biscuits or cornbread.

2 i *heart* comments!:

Anonymous said...

I WAS A BUSY MOM LOOKING FOR SOMETHING FAST AND EASY THAT EVERYBODY WOULD EAT THATS HOW I CAME UP WITH THIS AND WE STILL EAT AND LOVE IT GLAD THAT YOU REMEMBER SOMETHING THAT I DID THAT WAS GOOD LOVE YOU MOM

Meredith said...

Mike loved it!