Written by Jessica on Sunday, August 10, 2008
Categories: ,

We had some yummy and easy stuffed bell peppers tonight. My mom used to make these and they were sooo good. Mine are a little different, I use Ragu and I think she used tomato sauce and spices and stuff to make it taste like Ragu. = )

This recipe meets all the requirements: Yummy, family friendly (I'll explain how), budget friendly, quick and easy, oh yeah and healthy.

I didn't take the time to measure. But really, you just cook as much as your family needs. I cook 3 peppers and 1 1/2 cups of rice for my family of 3 eaters. with a side of Similac for other 3

Stuffed Green Bell peppers

Medium/Large Size Bell peppers
Hamburger meat or ground turkey (I use 1lb)
Ragu (about 1/2 the jar)
Minute Rice (1 1/2 cup fills 3 med bell peppers with a little left over)
Minced Garlic
1/4 of a large onion diced
Mozzarella Cheese and/or cheddar cheese

Preheat oven to 375. Wash and cut the top off of the bell peppers, clean the inside. Boil water and add rice, cover. Let sit for 5 minutes. Cook meat, onion, and garlic. Drain. Add rice to meat and pour in Ragu until it's all covered but not drowning in the sauce. Stuff in bell pepper, top with a little extra sauce, pop in the oven for 20 minutes. Add mozzarella/cheddar cheese, cook another 5 minutes or until melted.

Serve with salad (or whatever). I use the extra pepper from the top portion that you discard to add flavor to the salad.

Enjoy!
Taylor doesn't like the bell pepper. So I take the extra rice mixture with a little mozzarella cheese for him. He says it taste just like 'mis-ghetti.' He even got me to add some 'papa-john' cheese to it. You may call it Parmesan cheese, but in Taylor's vocab, it's papa-john cheese.




Wade requested both mozeralla and cheddar tonight... Yum!

This is Taylor's without the pepper

2 i *heart* comments!:

Jen said...

Your dinner looks great! It is not too late to join. Just go to the OSB blog and put that you would like to join. Tell them you know me! :-)
What is that website where you can track your weight loss without showing your weight? I am all for that! Why are you going back to Dr. E? I go for my early in Dec and I am determined to get down to at least Pre-PG weight.

Michelle W said...

Pssst, not to hijack your post, but you're a winner at Mommy Confessions. Come see!