I've found a recipe that's too good not to share! It came from Skinny Gina and I made it with adaptions that of course added lots of fat to a skinny recipe!
Low Fat Baked Ziti with Spinach
Gina's Weight Watcher Recipes
Servings: 8 • Serving Size: 1/8th • Points: 6 pts
Calories: 331.9 • Fat: 7.1 g • Protein: 17.5 g • Carb: 54.7 g • Fiber: 7.8 g
- 1 lb high fiber ziti such as Ronzoni Smart Taste
- 28 oz crushed tomatoes
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic,minced
- 10 oz frozen spinach, thawed
- 1 tsp oregano
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh basil
- salt and fresh pepper to taste
- 8 oz fat-free ricotta (I used cottage cheese)
- 1/4 cup Parmesan
- 2 cups (8 oz) part skim mozzarella
- I added 1.5 lbs of hamburger meat browned and drained cooked with diced onions and bell peppers.
In a large pot of salted water, cook pasta according to instructions until al dente. Drain and return to pot.
Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan, add olive oil and sauté garlic. Add chopped spinach, salt pepper and chopped tomatoes. Season with basil, oregano, salt and pepper.
Add sauce to the pasta and combine the ziti. Add half of the mozzarella, Parmesan cheese and ricotta. Mix well then transfer to the baking pan.
Pour the pasta mixture into the prepared pan and spread evenly. Top with the remaining mozzarella.
Bake for 30 minutes, or until mozzarella is melted and the edges are lightly browned.
This can be made up to a day in advance and stored, tightly covered, in the refrigerator. Let sit at room temperature for 30 minutes before cooking.
And VOILA! Here's mine:
And this time of year... my favorite dessert: