Written by Jessica on Wednesday, May 06, 2009
Categories: , ,

We have our second walker! Tucker is walking! He's been taking a few little steps and falling or grabbing on to something for about a week. But now he's making it across the room! He's still very unsteady but he's going! I haven't been able to catch him on video yet; the time I had the chance my battery died. Argh! It's charging now, so we'll try again tonight.

Before I forget, I also wanted to add a couple things to their 1 year memories.

Carter and Tucker both wave bye-bye. And they're usually pretty good about doing when they're supposed to. They also both clap when they're happy and when others clap and if you say pat-a-cake, and YAY will get a clap too. It was so funny when Carter started walking (he's a pro now btw), I'd say "YAY CARTER!" and Tucker would clap for him. So cute!

When a stranger talks to Brayden, he will smile and cover his face with his hands, putting his face down. Tucker and Carter sometimes cry when strangers talk to them, but it doesn't take them long to warm up to them.

They are starting to reject pureed food and even baby cereal. They want to feed themselves, which is SUCH a mess! Carter is by far my pickiest eater. He's probably the best at feeding himself, and actually chewing it, but he's very picky. I often times have to fix something separate for Carter to find what he's in the mood for. He's such a character.

They feed themselves ravioli, rice, green beans, green peas, black beans, spaghetti, Vienna sausages (Tuck's fave!!), veggie noodles/tri color noodles, we're trying out Cheerios's, they like wagon wheels, yogurt bites, zwieback toast, mandarin oranges, peaches, pineapples, fruit cocktail, diced carrots, boiled and scrambled eggs, beenie weenies, chicken, broccoli, sweet potatoes, mashed potatoes, squash. I think that's about it.

They eat 3 meals a day (8am, 11am, 5pm), plus a snack (2pm) and a bedtime bottle (8pm). They sleep from 8pm until 8am and have since they were 12 weeks old! Such good babies.

Wade and I are taking them to Augusta (4 hour road trip) this Friday and driving back on Saturday. Wish us luck!!
5

1 i *heart* comments!:

Beth said...

Hi Jessica,
It's Beth, I know you through Cory and Jennifer. I stumbled across your page and enjoyed looking at your sweet boys. My little girl turned 1 April 14. Time sure does fly!

Come check us out @ www.theparkmanfamily.blogspot.com