Written by Jessica on Sunday, October 26, 2008
Categories: , ,

Taylor's class went on a field trip to a pumpkin patch last week. He had a lot of fun and I truly enjoyed being able to go on a field trip with him. Wade stayed home with the boys so I would be able to focus on Taylor alone. The highlights from the trip had little to do with pumpkins, however, as they were almost out and pumpkins, unless being carved and gutted, they aren't very interesting to 5-6 year olds anyways! Instead of boring you and writing all about our trip, I'm going to let the pictures do most of the talking.

It was FREEZING and very windy!

The hayride

THE HIGHLIGHT OF THE TRIP - THE CORN BARREL.

(That's Taylor barrying his head in the corn!)

the hay maze

A sheep herding demonstration

On Friday, my dear friend Jenny and her mom Mrs. Laurette, invited us over for pumpkin carving and hotdogs. We had a lot of fun. This was the first year we made it to the carving. Last year we were invited and, if I remember correctly it was a rainy night again, and on the way to our car, I dropped the pumpkin and cracked it. This time, Wade broke the stem just before we got there, we were on so close to arriving without a pumpkin mishap. But then, after carving the pumpkin it took a tumble in the van and Wade, in anger, kicked the top as it fell out of the van and broke it. Because the design had some thin parts, it of course broke in the tumble. I took some toothpicks and worked a little magic. But I'm beginning to think we're not meant to travel with pumpkins. We have 2 more to carve (tonight I think). I can't wait! = )

0 i *heart* comments!: