Written by Jessica on Thursday, March 05, 2009

It's March, which means the next March of Dimes, March for Babies walk is NEXT month!!

I haven't done too well on my recent donation goal of $100.00. So, I am going to renew the effort today to try to meet and exceed that goal by April 3rd. Yes, April 3! Less than a month away!

Here's what has happened and why the date has been pushed up so. Taylor's school is hosting a WalkMania for the March of Dimes for this walk on April 25th. Whoever collects the most wins a prize and such, but that's not why we're doing it. The only thing about joining the collection effort with his school is that the money must be in cash or check form; I do not think online donations count. So, if you read this online and want to help Taylor and I in our inaugural joint fundraising efforts, please email me for more information on how to get funds to me.

Since having the boys The March of Dimes, along with The Children's Miracle Network, have been the 2 causes that I have chosen to help spread awareness and raise money for them because I know firsthand that not all premature births are preventable, but some are. A premature birth can be devastating, and the March of Dimes is there to help prevent and care for those babies.

So, when Taylor brought this home, I thought, this is one cause that even Taylor understands. He has witnessed this firsthand as well. He's traveled the journey of not 1, not 2, but 3 premature babies and the care and love they need around the clock. He's loved his brothers since before they were born. He was there the night they were born and he remembers seeing Brayden on a machine that helped him breathe and Tucker's tube that helped him eat and the isolettes they had to stay in to keep their body temperature up. This is a cause that Taylor can truly and passionately embrace just as I can. I can't think of a better cause or a better time to introduce Taylor to this great cause and to teach him to become an advocate for babies or any other cause he chooses to as he gets older.

Also, to family and friends that would like to walk with us on April 25th, please let me know! I will be making T-Shirts for the “Lloyd Boys” team. I would love to have a huge group walking for our boys.

Click here for pictures from our first March for Babies walk since the boys were born.

1 i *heart* comments!:

Jen said...

I think we are walking at that walk too! I need t-shirts! That will give me something more to do!