Written by Jessica on Saturday, July 19, 2008

Ok, so it's 11:42pm. The boys are all asleep; all 5 of them, asleep. And I, well, I am awake. I should be sleeping. Yes, sleep is a very important human function. Yet, I, I am awake. Why? Why, you may ask. Well, I wish I knew. I haven't been sleeping well lately. And it's not because of the boys, I mean, they don't exactly help the situation, but they're not the cause of my insomnia.
I've been planning and researching for Taylor's birthday party (a carnival here at home this year, I'm very excited!). I've been working on new quick, easy, healthy, kid and budget friendly recipes. I've been contemplating and reading about making my own baby food versus buying it. We've been weening Taylor off sugar (well, at least high fructose corn syrup (HFCS)) for a month or so now, so I've been reading up on the HFCS debate a lot. I'm also a new again and paranoid mom, so I'm staying up reading lots of baby guru books/articles. I'm trying to become greener and more eco-conscious, so I'm reading and thinking about that. I'm planning a summer 'stay-cation'. I'm trying to organize the 400+ pictures on my camera as well as the 400+ on the computer that I just transferred over in a hurry - what a mess! And most disturbing, I think I'm also suffering from a little OCD. I think I'm turning into an OCD SAHM (Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder, Stay At Home Mom)! For example, I tried going to bed earlier. But my desk was a mess from quick coupon clipping, newspaper reading, mail sorting, note-making frenzies during the course of the week. So, I HAD to get up and clear my desk; which of course led to re-organizing my coupon folder and discarding expired ones, which led to cleaning out my planner, which led to looking through some pictures, contemplating organizing those on my hard-drive, but deciding to go through my 'favorites' on my Internet explorer and organize them instead. I then tried to lay back down, but I'm thinking about the day and then I'm suddenly thinking about how I need to organize/clean out under the sink in the boys bathroom. Argh! Counting sheep doesn't work either!
At work, I considered myself fairly organized. Well, I'll just say compared to some, I was a very organized person. At times I would feel it slipping into OCD territory and I'd stop. At home, I've always been more laid back. Everything has a place, and it's nice when it's there, but if it's not, no sweat. But now, watch out! Because, well, everything has a place, and I like it there, and if it's not there I'm going to sit and think about it and it will bother me until it's where its supposed to be, and then I'll have to stay up until midnight ranting about it!
With 4 kids, uh hum, 4 BOYS, I can see this disorder sending me over the edge even sooner than the boys would cause me to jump.
Ok, enough. I'm being dramatic. But you see, I'm not well. ok, more drama... I guess I'll try this sleeping thing again, now that the boys should wake to eat in an hour or so.
Oh - I've also been thinking of some blog ideas. I'm doing all this research, I'm going to start posting some of my findings out here to help ya'll. I'm sure some of you would be interested in fun recipes. I may even be real ambitious and pick a day of the week to posy my findings, like Menu Monday, or Tasty Tuesday, What's for Dinner Wednesday...you get the idea. And posts like: High Fructose Corn Syrup: Friend or Foe? You be the Judge, How to plan your own Stay-Cation, ..your home Carnival, etc. So, lots of those types of ideas too. I get such great feedback from friends and family that read this blog, I feel like I should use it to share info too.
So, stay tuned.

Also, the feedblitz subscription tool on the right side actually emails you the entire post the next day, along with previous post titles that are hyperlinked for easy access. I subscribed, just to see how it works.. = )

Pictures and baby updates coming soon! From all of us here at the Lloyd house, Good Morning and Good Night!

4 i *heart* comments!:

Colleen Pate said...

Jessica, You are so funny. I love reading your blog. I can't wait for the recipe post and of course updates on the boys. The carnival themed birthday sounds like fun. We just had Hudson's 1st Birthday yesterday. If you want to see pictures or just see what we are up to, check out my blog:
http://happyhudson.blogspot.com

Hope you get some sleep. - Colleen Pate

Anonymous said...

I GUESS I AM GOING TO HAVE TO GET YOU A SLEEPING PILL SO YOU WILL GET 1 NIGHT OF SLEEP DONT LET THIS TAKE YOU OVER THE EDGE THE BOYS NEED A MOM THAT IS ALL TOGETHER TALK TO YOU SOON
MOM

Anonymous said...

Hey Jess! Just getting caught up on everything. I always love reading your blog. Wanted to tell you, lots of my brothers and sisters make their own baby food and freeze it in ice cube trays. Apparently, it's not too hard and it saves lots of money. I'll try to get some feedback from them for you!

Jessica said...

Colleen - I love your blog - so cute! I commented there too = ).

Mom - I need something stronger than a sleeping pill! Just kidding! = )

Haley - Any feedback or tips would be nice. I'm excited about making it this time around...