Written by Jessica on Friday, September 04, 2009

wow! Days are going by too fast! I've been telling everyone that asks (even today) that my boys are 'almost' 16 months old. Or saying on the 3rd they'll be 16 months. I didn't realize until I got an email from my mom telling me to update my blog today that the boys turned 16 months YESTERDAY!

So, here's what's been going on with us.

Taylor started football for the first time a couple of weeks ago. Wade's the coach and I'm team mom. It's a lot of work for both of us, but we both realize how fortunate we are to have the flexibility in our schedules to be able to take on such duties. Taylor is learning a lot and very into it. Although it's taken him a few times getting tackled to the ground to realize it's nothing personal. Then it's taken a few times of him tackling head first to realize that's not the best way. But, all in all, so far 7-8 youth football has been a great experience for us all.

We're also both super excited about college football season! We got our first dose last night and Alabama will play tomorrow night. I'm a little nervous about this first game against Virginia Tech at the Dome, I hope we can come out on top. After that, it should be smooth sailing for the Crimson Tide this year {in my opinion}.

Taylor's doing very well in school, still high above the class average in testing and whatnot. His only complaint is that he's not being challenged enough. Although I feel that as the year goes on and the 'review' stage of 1st grade is complete, he will definitely be challenged. I know it's too early to tell, but it looks like we're going to have a math whiz on our hands. He's doing lots of math in his head all the time now, even multiplication tables! I started multiplication in 3rd grade and I still have flash backs to all the hours and tears shed while trying to learn them. Math didn't come so easy for me back then.

We've been busy planning Taylor's 7th birthday carnival. I can't believe he's turning 7 on Sunday. He asked for the carnival again this year, and I agreed since we already had everything for it, but we're going a little lower key than last year. These birthday parties wear me out! I also recently decided that after not running/biking/seriously exercising in years that I would jump into all all head first. I now have a badly sprained ankle, a hurt and bruised knee and ego, and a sore body. That, my friends, is not helpful when you have 3 little ones running around, football practice 3-4 days a week, and 2 parties to plan and prepare for.

The boys turned 16 months yesterday {I now know this thanks to mom}. They didn't really start doing anything new in the past month.... I don't think... They're as silly as ever and so much fun! We're getting over a little head cold and Brayden is recuperating from an ear infection that the cold caused. Other than that, nothing new.

I'll post some new pictures soon and their 15 month stats!

0 i *heart* comments!: